Saturday, November 20, 2010

New Journeys

So much for that pledge to update my blog more frequently, eh?

I offer no excuse beyond this: I. Am. Lazy.

Plus, we moved to Boston, which required stressing out, packing, stressing out, unpacking, stressing out, job hunting, and - you guessed it! - more stressing out.

Also, thankfully, plenty of exploring our new town. Which, by the way, we really love. Probably my personal affection for the city is somewhat increased by the fact that Ryan is the one to shovel out our cars. And can I give a shout-out to the North End for offering endless opportunities to pack on the pounds through the joys of pasta and pastries? Holla!

Anyway, I've decided to jump back into the blogging community. With both feet.

I just signed up for the Boston-area Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. July 22 - 24, 2011 will find me and my cousin-in-law Chrissy walking 60 miles over the course of three days to raise funds for breast cancer research.

***sappiness ensues***

Together, we are Team Livergoods for Life, representing not just the love we have for the men we married, but our desire to find a cure.

***end sappiness***

(No gagging. You can't say I didn't warn you)

Cancer has affected both Ryan's and my families deeply. Whenever we've had the opportunity, we've supported causes that aim to find a cure. This particular event is something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I'm so excited to be a part of it.

I'll be documenting my training (and possibly other adventures) over the coming months. Stop by from time to time to check it out. C'mon. You know you missed me.

***shameless plea for your money follows***

I also welcome your donations! You can donate directly on my page, or print out a donation sheet and send it into the company. My goal is to raise $2,500, but I would really like to blow that out of the water.

***end (for now) shameless plea for your money***

It's good to be back, y'all.

1 comment:

moo said...

It's about time you're back - we have missed you!