Monday, July 16, 2007

Two Posts in One Day... Is There a Full Moon?

Yeah, I know the other one is really long. You probably didn't read it all. That's okay. (But if you didn't make it through to the end you're missing out on lots of naked women and bubbles. I'm just sayin'...)

Anyway... it's official.

We’re coming home.

Most of you know this already, but only today are we able to “go public” with the news as the Peace Corps is now aware of our plans too.

It’s something we’ve been contemplating for awhile as I’ve been dismally unable to find viable employment, but were holding out as long as possible to make sure some totally awesome, fun job with a great salary didn’t miraculously appear at the last minute.

Needless to say – it didn’t. And since Ryan and I aren’t interested in doing long distance (at all, like ever again)… he’s made the decision to Early Terminate from the Peace Corps and join me back in the States.

So I fly to DC on Monday while Ryan heads to Illinois on Tuesday. Then on Thursday he’ll be coming to DC to hang out with me for a week. While he’s already met my mom’s side of the family, he’ll have the chance to meet my dad and step-mom, as well as hit a few friends’ BBQs before we both go to his home town so I can meet
his family. Needless to say I'm really excited (plus maybe just a teensy bit nervous)...

After that… well…. I’m going to have to be a bit secretive for the time being as the details are still being hammered out. It certainly does seem as though Ryan and I may have a very exciting opportunity that will eventually land us in Ft. Lauderdale a few months from now. More on this once everything is squared away. For the record, we think that we think we’ve been extraordinarily lucky and are very much looking forward to the future…

... we will definitely miss Bulgaria, though...

(Ummm... but probably not the puppy as it looks like he may be coming home with us after all... Thanks Gloria and Mark for serving as temporary Mom and Dad! He's a sweetie-pie; we promise!)


IMG_2277

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks like a prairie dog! He's a cutie. Will he be at your parents a while so I can meet him?
kmw

Anonymous said...

He's is soooo cute! I love the latest pictures---I'm not surprised that he's coming home with you guys---can't wait to see you and Ryan--

Love,
Mom