Thursday, August 30, 2007

"Clark, that there's an RV!"

Ack, y'all! We leave tomorrow for California. We'll spend Friday, Saturday, Sunday and part of Monday in Anaheim, and then - off we go!

I cannot believe it's nearly time to set off on this adventure. I've never
ever had a job before where I felt so immediately charged with responsibility and energy and inspiration.

Also the feeling of being completely overwhelmed. These past few weeks have been so crazy-busy and Ryan and I often find ourselves looking at each other in some of our more relaxed moments going, "Wow, this is so great!" More often, though, it's something more akin to, "Hotels! RV Parks! Hotels! Nearest local hospitals! Insurance forms! Hotels! This is fun! We're excited! Excited! But, oh.... Tailgate parties! Did I mention Hotels yet! No? Hotels!"

And - oh the magic of RV Dump Stations just might fulfill Ryan's dream of actually being able to one day say "Merry Christmas! S**
tter's Full!"

Anyway, as part of our preparation, we've started a blog to track the progress of Tim and the crew of the A-T
CureTour. I can't make promises for how frequently I'll be updating my own blog between now and November (although I hope to at least post something like "Hi! We're safe! And in Alabama! Or maybe Illinois! Er, or is it Montreal? Come to think of it, we're not sure! But it's nice! Hi!") However this more official one should be updated fairly regularly right here: A-T CureTour on the Road

For those of you that have asked (okay, so none of you have, but I'm passing on the information regardless since I know you meant to), you can make a donation to this endeavor here: Help Find a Cure! Better yet... make a $25 donation and meet up with us along the way at one of our Tailgate parties or join Tim for a FunRun!

Hope to see some of you along the way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you guys----good luck tomorrow---I trust you don't say "break a leg" for marathons! I'm thinking of you both with great pride and love----talk to you soon...mind the other RVs on the road, and don't end up in "Wally World"!

Love,
Mom