Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

In honor of Thanksgiving, I thought I would take the time to write about some of the many things I love... and for which I am most thankful....

  • My awesome, amazing, fantastic family
  • My incredible and enduring friendships
  • My absolutely fabulous boyfriend Ryan
  • Dogs, cats and other fuzzy creatures
  • And also turtles (I have a soft spot for turtles)
  • Happy kids
  • Sunrises and sunsets
  • Being in love
  • Naps
  • Curling up in front of a hot fire
  • Red licorice, Jujubes and Sour Patch Kids
  • Poker (I am surprisingly very good at it even though I am a rotten liar)
  • The long stemmed red roses currently on my dresser
  • Running outside on a chilly morning and feeling so alive
  • Chinese food (eggrolls... yummmmm!) and Thai food (Pad Thai... yummmmm!) and Japanese food (sushi.... yummmmm!)
  • Having a roof over my head, good food to eat and a job I like
  • Music - all kinds!
  • Road trips and singing along with the radio at the top of my lungs
  • The ability to go where I want to go... and do what I want to do... provided it doesn't hurt anybody
  • Spearmint flavored gum
  • Volunteering
  • Putting stuff together like desks and tables and stuff... (it's weird, I know)
  • Cell phones, digital cameras and computers
  • Books, candles and bubblebaths
  • Funky purses and jewelry
  • Bulgaria (Even though I haven't gotten there yet)
  • Back rubs
  • A good haircut
  • Surprising someone I love
  • The option to travel
  • Brown socks, lint brushes and the "I Love the 80's" boardgame
  • Red wine... and white wine too!
  • Sexy tank tops, soft sweaters and comfy jeans
  • Snow and sunshine at the same time
  • Smiling people
  • Laughing until my sides hurt
  • Starry nights
  • The health of my family, friends and self
  • Playing in the rain
  • The smell of fall leaves and pumpkins
  • Dancing anywhere I feel like it
  • Dolphins
  • The beach and the mountains and the ocean and trees and lakes and the forest and pretty much anything to do with nature
  • Except spiders (but I suppose even though they scare me, I am thankful for them too since they apparently keep our world from becoming overrun by flies and other insects... but why oh why do they need so many LEGS???)
  • And since we're on the topic of spiders... Charlotte's Web... this includes the book AND the old movie AND the new movie that is coming out SOON!!
  • Thumb wars... (Be prepared to LOSE, Ryan!)
  • Birthdays, Official Holidays and Made-up Holidays that have really funny but intriguing titles (Today is "Flossing Day"... who knew?)
  • Hugs and Kisses...lots, please!
  • Weddings
  • Turkey cooked in a pillowcase (the best kind), and "Holiday Potatoes" and "Woodchip Salad" and Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce and Pecan Pie
  • And much, MUCH more!!! I feel so incredibly lucky for all of the gifts in my life... I can't even begin to name them all!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!

No comments: